From the Royal Genealogy threads – July 2013
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from July 2013. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
Prince Floris and Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, had their third child and first son, Willem Jan, on 1 July. A brother for Magali and Eliane. Princess Nilhan Osmanoglu of Turkey and Mehmet Behlül Vatansever had their first child, Hanzade, on 1 July. The pregnancy of Zara Tindall, née Phillips, daughter of the Princess Royal, was announced on 8 July. Zara and her husband, Mike, are expecting their first child in 2014. Südkurie reported that Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeanette of Fürstenberg are expecting their first child in December. Bunte reported that Prince Ferdinand of Lippe-Weissenfeld and his wife, née Princess Alice of Bavaria, are expecting their first child, a son, at the end of the summer. Prince George of Cambridge, first child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, was born on 22 July.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
- Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor. (1st child, due in August of 2013)
- Hereditary Count Leopold and Hereditary Countess Annina Fugger of Babenhausen (3rd child)
- Prince Ferdinand and Princess Alice of Lippe-Weissenfeld, née Princess of Bavaria. (1st child, due at the end of the summer of 2013)
- The Duke and Duchess of Parma. (2nd child, due in November 2013 )
- Archduke Imre and Archduchess Kathleen of Austria
- Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeanette of Fürstenberg. (1st child, due in December of 2013)
- Zara and Michael Tindall – 2014
Royal engagements and weddings
Lioba Meister, oldest daughter and middle child of Archduchess Gabriela of Austria and her former husband, Christian Meister, married Alistair Hayward on 13 July. Princess Louisa of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg married Caspar Schmick on 20 July. The engagement between Princess Amélia of Brazil and James Spearman was announced on 25 July.
Princess Fawzia of Egypt, former wife of the late Shah of Iran, died on 2 July. Sheikha Fatima bint Ali bin Huwaidin Al Kutbi of Ajman died on 16 July. Princess Margarita of Liechtenstein died on 26 July while Princess Vacheahra Norodom of Cambodia died on 28 July.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
2011: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09&10 11 12
2012: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12
2013: 01 02 03 04 05 06
Other related blog entries: A Look Back at a Royal 2010 Looking Forward to a Royal 2011 A Look Back at a Royal 2011 Looking Forward to a Royal 2012 A Look Back at a Royal 2012 Looking Forward to a Royal 2013 Filed under The Royal Forums
Tagged Royal Genealogy.
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – June 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – February 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – May 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – January 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – April 2013