Belgian Royal Family Attend Anniversary Mass for King Baudouin
Members of the Belgian Royal Family attended an anniversary mass at the Cathedral of St Michael and St Gudula in Brussels on July 31st.
The mass marked the 20th year since the death of the beloved King Baudouin in 1993. Attending the mass were King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, and Prince Laurent and his wife, Princess Claire. Following the mass, members of the royal family went out to greet the large crowds outside the gothic Cathedral.
King Baudouin’s sudden death in 1993 was met with an outpouring of national mourning, he had been King since 1951.Filed under Austrian Royals, Belgian Royals
Tagged Albert II of Belgium, Anniversary, Archduke Lorenz, Austria-Este, Death, King Baudouin, King Philippe, Mass, Prince Laurent, Princess Astrid of Belgium, Princess Claire of Belgium, Queen Mathilde, Queen Paola.
- Belgian Royals attend Mass in remembrance of the deceased family members
- Belgian National Day – 21st July 2011
- Queen Fabiola attends memorial mass for King Baudouin
- Belgian Royals gather for The King’s Feast
- Belgian royals out in full force to celebrate National Day