Spanish Royals Attend Memorial Mass For Train Victims
Members of the Spanish Royal Family attended a memorial mass for the 79 victims of the recent Spanish train crash at the imposing Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela on Monday, July 29th.
Prince Felipe was accompanied by his wife, Princess Letizia, and his sister, Infanta Elena Duchess of Lugo. The Spanish Royals were met with burst of applause as they made their way to the Cathedral, where they were greeted by the Archbishop at the Cathedral’s main entrance.
Also present were political leaders from across Spain, including the Prime Minister, Mariano Rajoy.
Following the mass, the Spanish Royals made their way outside to offer their condolences to the families of the victims. Last week, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia paid a visit to the city following the tragic train crash, which claimed 79 lives.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Felipe VI, Infanta Elena, Mass, Queen Letizia.
- Spanish Royal Family attend 2012 Easter Sunday Mass
- Spanish Royal Family attend Easter Sunday Mass
- Spanish Royal Family Attend Anniversary Mass for Don Juan
- Royals attend Papal Inauguration Mass at the Vatican
- Brazilian Royals Attend Mass For Air France Victims