Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Jewish Community
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima yesterday paid a visit to the Jewish community in Amsterdam, as part of their 375th anniversary celebrations.
The couple were given a tour of the synagogue, where they were told about the interior of the building and given a history of the Nederlands Israëlitische Hoofdsynagoge (Dutch Jewish Main Synagogue). They spoke with representatives of various Jewish organisations in the city, and students and teachers from Jewish schools.
The visit, which was arranged to mark the community’s 375th anniversary (the community organises the five synagogues in the area, Jewish education and schools, and social and cultural works), ended with a prayer service, and a blessing for King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima by Rabbi Aryeh Ralbag.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Anniversary, King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima, Religion.
- Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Luxembourg
- Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Antarctica
- Willem-Alexander and Máxima Help End Dutch International Polar Year
- Willem-Alexander & Maxima: One Day Visit to Istanbul
- King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima Begin Province Visits