Queen Máxima Opens Namesake Park
The Queen of the Netherlands was in Utrecht today, where she officially opened the Máximapark.
Arriving at 10am, Queen Máxima first visited the park restaurant, before heading over to the ceremony site on a bicycle. The Queen has shown on many occasions that she is adept at riding in heels, and today was no different, as she was wearing a multi-coloured sleeveless dress, a tan fascinator and matching heels.
After listening to a speech and unveiling a dedication sign with the help of local school children, Queen Máxima returned to her bicycle and went on a tour of the park before arriving at the restaurant to speak with guests and the public.
Máximapark is a 300-hectare green area, featuring a forest playground, a sculpture park and a sports area. It also has a 8km long paved pathway surrounding the park.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Queen Máxima.
- Princess Maxima Opens 25th Resto VanHarte
- Crown Princess Maxima opens a cultural center
- Margriet & Pieter inaugurate Aruban National Museum & Park
- Crown Princess Maxima opens new Microfinance Business Center
- Crown Princess Maxima visits a Primary School