Prince William turns 31
London – June 21st, 2013
Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, turned 31 on June 21st.
The future King was born at St Mary’s Hospital, London as the eldest son of the Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales in 1982. He was baptized William Arthur Philip Louis by the then Archbishop of Canterbury, Robert Runcie, on August 4th, 1982.His godparents included King Constantine II of Greece and Princess Alexandra of Kent.
His parent’s marriage ended in divorce in 1996, and in September 1997 his mother was killed in a car crash in Paris, France. Prince William also has a younger brother, Prince Henry of Wales, better known as Prince Harry.
The Prince was created Duke of Cambridge by his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, prior to his lavish wedding to Kate Middleton in April 2011. The ever-popular royal couple are expecting the birth of their first child in July of this year.Filed under British Royals
Tagged Biography, Birthday, The Duke of Cambridge.
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge Celebrates 30th Birthday
- Prince William Attends Funeral of Former Nanny
- Prince William Becomes Duke of Cambridge
- Prince William Shows Prince Charles Around The RAF Valley
- Prince William Spends Night in Alleyway for Charity