Prince Henrik of Denmark Turns 79
June 11th, 2013
His Royal Highness Henrik, Prince Consort of Denmark was born on June 11th, 1934 in Talence, Gironde, France. The son of Count André de Laborde de Monpezat and Renée Doursenot, he spent part of his childhood in the then French Indochina and later joined the French Foreign Affairs Ministry in London.
This is where he met Princess Margrethe of Denmark, eldest daughter of King Frederick IX. The couple married at the Church of Holmen in Copenhagen on June 10th, 1967. Prince Henrik, who was raised a Roman Catholic, converted to Lutheranism shortly before the wedding.
In January 1972, King Frederick IX of Denmark died and Margrethe became Queen and Henrik was now the Danish Prince Consort. The royal couple have two sons, Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim of Denmark.Filed under Danish Royals
Tagged Biography, Birthday, Prince Henrik the Prince Consort.
- Princess Marie to take over duty from Prince Henrik
- Queen and Prince Henrik Cancel Annual Press Conference
- Princess Elisabeth of Denmark Turns 78
- Prince Henrik and Prince Christian Unveil Portrait of Duke Ulrik
- Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik’s Summer Cruise