From the Royal Genealogy threads – May 2013
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from May 2013. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
According to Bunte (nr 19, 2 May), Hereditary Count Leopold and Hereditary Countess Annina Fugger of Babenhausen are expecting their third child, a sibling for Countess Sofia and Countess Josepha. Crown Prince Tupouto’a and Crown Princess Sinaitakala of Tonga had their first child, Prince Taufa’ahau Manumataongo, on 10 May. The Duke and Duchess of Parma, Prince Carlos and Princess Anne-Marie, announced on 30 May that they are expecting their second child in November. A sibling for Princess Luisa.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
- Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeannette of Fürstenberg. (1st child)
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. (1st child, due in July of 2013)
- Prince Floris and Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven. (3rd child, due in July of 2013)
- Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor. (1st child, due in August of 2013)
- Hereditary Count Leopold and Hereditary Countess Annina Fugger of Babenhausen (3rd child)
- The Duke and Duchess of Parma. (2nd child, due in November 2013 )
Royal engagements and weddings
Sheikh Isa bin Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa of Bahrain married Sheikha Jawaher on 2 May. Sheikh Isa is the oldest son of the Crown Prince. Prince Louis of Solms-Hohensolms-Lich married Countess Antonia of Kielmansegg on 11 May, while Sheikh Sultan bin Salim bin Majid bin Nasser Al Qasimi ofRas al-Khaimah married .. Al Anzi on 16 May. The wedding of Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Saeed bin Abdul Aziz Al Nuaimi of Ajman and Sheikha .. bint Saeed bin Rashid Al Nuami of Ajman took place on 18 May. The weddings of Hereditary Prince Maximilian of Hohenlohe-Barteinstein and Cristina Vozzi Castriota Scanderbeg; and Princess Ludmilla of Lobkowicz and Jonkheer Mathieu de Schietere de Lophem took place on 25 May.
Princess Editha of Bavaria died on 4 May, while Princess Eva-Benita of Schaumburg-Lippe, née Freiin of Tiele-Winckler, died on 8 May. Prince Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Jalawi of Saoudi Arabia died on 9 May. Princess Elisabeth of Solms-Braunfels, née Princess of Lippe, died on 16 May, and Count Christian of Rosenborg, born Prince Christian of Denmark, died on 22 May. The Landgrave of Hesse, Prince Moritz, died on 23 May.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
2011: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09&10 11 12
2012: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12
2013: 01 02 03 04
Other related blog entries: A Look Back at a Royal 2010 Looking Forward to a Royal 2011 A Look Back at a Royal 2011 Looking Forward to a Royal 2012 A Look Back at a Royal 2012 Looking Forward to a Royal 2013 Filed under The Royal Forums
Tagged Royal Genealogy.
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – April 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – February 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – March 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – January 2013
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – October 2012