Two Days Until Swedish Royal Wedding
There are only two days to go until Princess Madeleine and Christopher O’Neill say ‘I Do’ at the Palace Church in Stockholm. Not much information has been revealed about the wedding, with only simple details being announced up until this point (it is assumed that more information will be released tomorrow).
Here is a quick recap of the information currently known:
- The bride and groom will travel from the Royal Palace to Riddarholmen via horse and carriage. The carriage, the Parade Barouche, is the same one that King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel used for their wedding cortège. From Riddarholmen, the bridal party will travel via boat to Drottningholm Palace for the reception.
- Stockholm-based chef Stefano Catenacci will be in charge of both the wedding dinner and the wedding cake.
- Among the royal guests will be Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte of Denmark; Princess Takamado of Japan; Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg; Princess Charlene of Monaco; Crown Prince Haakon,Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn of Norway; the Earl and Countess of Wessex; Prince Leopold, Princess Ursula, Prince Manuel and Princess Anna of Bavaria; Crown Prince Pavlos, Crown Princess Pavlos, Prince Nikolaos, Princess Nikolaos, Princess Theodora and Prince Philippos of Greece; and Prince Andreas, Hereditary Prince Hubertus and Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
- According to the guest list published by Aftonbladet, designer Valentino Garavani and his partner will be attending the wedding – if correct, this provides a strong hint that Princess Madeleine’s wedding gown will be a Valentino creation.
A gala dinner will be held at the Grand Hôtel tomorrow night, June 7th, hosted by King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia. Visit the wedding forum here to stay up-to-date with all wedding details.Filed under Swedish Royals
Tagged Christopher O'Neill, Princess Madeleine, Swedish Royal Wedding 2013.
- Swedish Royal Wedding Countdown – Two Days to Go!
- Date Set for Swedish Royal Wedding
- Swedish Royal Wedding Countdown – One Day to Go!
- Two Days of Celebrations in October for Luxembourg Wedding
- Swedish Royal Wedding Look-Back: Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia