Spanish Royals Attend Pledge of Allegiance to Royal Guard Ceremony
The Prince and Princess of Asturias, accompanied by Infanta Pilar, Duchess of Badajoz, presided over the Pledge of Allegiance to the Royal Guard Ceremony at the El Pardo Palace on May 10th.
Also present during this very solemn ceremony were the Spanish Minister of Defence and the only daughter of Infanta Pilar, Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo.
The Prince of Asturias, who was dressed in full military uniform and wore the beret of the Royal Guard, reviewed the troops and this was followed by a 17-gun salute.
The Royal Guard are an independent unit of the Spanish Armed Forces dedicated to the military protection of H.M. the King of Spain and the members of the Spanish Royal Family and number some 1,900.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Felipe VI, Infanta Pilar, Military, Queen Letizia.
- Infanta Pilar in London with the Spanish Olympic team
- Spanish Royals Honour Regimiento de Caballería Acorazado “Alcántara”
- Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo Turns 44
- Anniversary of the Death of Luis Gómez-Acebo
- Simoneta Gómez-Acebo Celebrates 43rd Birthday