Spanish Court Suspends Charges Against Infanta Cristina
Infanta Cristina of Spain, who had been summoned by a judge to appear in court in Palma de Mallorca, has had her imputation suspended by a Spanish court due to lack of evidence.
However, the charges could be reinstated if further evidence is unearthed, the High Court of Mallorca stated.
Her husband Iñaki Urdangarin is at the centre of a corruption scandal over allegations regarding the misappropriation of several million euros of public funds when he was head of the non-profit Noos Institute. Iñaki Urdangarin has so far appeared twice before the Balearic Court.
The Infanta and her family currently reside in Barcelona, Spain.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Infanta Cristina, Legal Matters, The Duke of Palma de Mallorca.
- Infanta Cristina to Face Court in Corruption Inquiry
- The Duke of Palma appears before Balearic Court
- The Duke of Palma Back in Court
- The Duke of Palma de Mallorca Summoned to Testify in Court
- Infanta Cristina in Barcelona