Return of The King
Madrid – April 22nd, 2013
Following an absence of just under 50 days, His Majesty King Juan Carlos I made his first public appearance on Monday following his recent back surgery. The 75 year old Spanish Monarch has spent the past few weeks in recovery.
His Majesty, accompanied by Queen Sofia, hosted an audience at his Zarzuela private office for Cervantes Prize winner José Manuel Caballero Bonald and his wife, Josefina Ramis.
On Tuesday April 23rd, the King also held a private meeting with the visiting Slovak Prime Minister, Robert Fico, at the Zarzuela Palace.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Audience, Juan Carlos I, Queen Sofia.
- Spanish Royals Award the Cervantes Prize 2008
- Enactments & Engagements at The Zarzuela Palace
- King Juan Carlos to visit Russia on July 18 and 19
- King Juan Carlos: Successful Surgery
- King Abdullah in Spain, then to attend WEF