Spanish Royal Family Hosts Dinner In Honor Of IOC Evaluation Commission
Her Majesty Queen Sofia and members of the Spanish Royal Family presided over a gala dinner in honour of the IOC Evaluation Commission at the Palacio Real in Madrid on Wednesday, March 20th.
The Queen was accompanied by TRH The Prince and Princess of Asturias and the Infantas Elena and Pilar of Spain.
The IOC are in Spain this week to discuss Madrid’s bid to host the 2020 Olympic Games. Prior to the gala Dinner, members of the Royal Family greeted all of the invited one hundred guests at the impressive Hall of Columns at the Palacio Real. Prince Felipe later delivered a key speech praising the “strong commitment” of Spain with the “purposes and principles of Olympism”.
Madrid is one of a number of cities hoping to host the 2020 Olympic games. The winning city will be announced on September 7th, 2013 at the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Felipe VI, Infanta Elena, Infanta Pilar, International Olympic Committee, Olympic Games, Queen Letizia, Queen Sofia, Sport.
- Spanish Royal Family host Audience for Olympic Team
- Spanish Royal Family Preside Over Pascua Militar Celebrations
- Madrid 2020 Olympic Delegation Meet Prince Felipe
- Spanish Royal Family’s Luncheon for President of Guatemala
- Spanish Royal Family Celebrate National Day 2012