Princess Laurentien Opens Day of Literature
As a avid supporter of literacy initiatives, Princess Laurentien was an obvious choice to open the 2013 edition of Day of Literature in Rotterdam today.
The event, a one-day festival which brings together around 4,500 secondary school children, took place at De Doelen. The Princess officially opened the festival this morning, before spending time speaking with students and staff who were taking part and looking at the exhibitions on offer.
Day of Literature is put together every two years by the organisation Passionate Bulk Boek, which aims to promote reading and Dutch literature to people aged 13 to 30. Authors, young literary talents, and singer-songwriters are brought together to provide a forum in which the students present can learn through reading sessions, interviews and performances.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Children, Education, Literature, Patronage, Princess Laurentien.
- Princess Laurentien Knows that “It Begins with Reading”
- Princess Laurentien attends National Reading Breakfast Days
- Princess Laurentien Special UNESCO Envoy
- Princess Laurentien Opened an Exhibition
- Princess Laurentien Writes Children’s Book