Queen Beatrix Announces Abdication
Queen Beatrix has announced today, 28 January 2013, that she will abdicate on 30 April 2013 in favor of her oldest son, the Prince of Orange, Prince Willem-Alexander.
The Prince is married to Princess Máxima and they have three daughters, Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane.
Once the Prince becomes the King, the line in succession will change.
1. Princess Amalia, Princess of Orange, 1st daughter of the King
2. Princess Alexia, 2nd daughter of the King
3. Princess Ariane, 3rd daughter of the King
4. Prince Constantijn, youngest brother of the King
5. Countess Eloise, eldest child of Prince Constantijn
6. Count Claus-Casimir, middle child and only son of Prince Constantijn
7. Countess Leonore, youngest child of Prince Constantijn
8. Princess Margriet, aunt of the King
Prince Maurits and Prince Bernhard will no longer be in line to the throne.
More information can be found in the thread:
Abdication Announcement by Queen Beatrix at 19:00; 28 January 2013
Tagged Dutch Abdication 2013, Dutch Inauguration 2013, Princess Beatrix.
- Prince Constantijn Reaches the Big 4-0
- Dutch Photo Session in Lech 2011
- Princess Ariane Hospitalised with Respiratory Problems
- Princess Alexia Starts School On Monday
- Busy Week For Queen Beatrix…