From the Royal Genealogy threads – January 2013
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from January 2013. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
The Dutch Royal Court announced on 11 January that Prince Floris, the youngest son of Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, and his wife, Princess Aimée, are expecting their third child. They are already parents to Magali and Eliane. Prince Daniel and Princess Sandra of Saxony had their first child, Princess Anna-Catharina, on 13 January. The Prince and Princess of Prussia, Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie, née Princess of Isenburg, had twin sons, Princes Carl Friedrich and Luis Ferdinand, on 20 January.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
– Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo
– Princess Felipa of Bavaria and Christian Dienst. (1st child, due in April 2013)
– Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeannette of Fürstenberg. (1st child)
– Princess Caroline Napoléon and Eric Querenet-Onfroy de Bréville. (2nd child)
– Prince Gabriel and Princess Luciana of Orléans-Bragança. (1st child)
– The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. (1st child)
– Prince Floris and Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven. (3rd child)
Royal engagements and weddings
No known Royal engagements and weddings took place in January.
Prince Naif bin Abdul Aziz bin Muhammad of Saudi Arabia died on 3 January. Sheikh Abdullah bin Rashid Al Nuaimi of Ajman, brother of the Emir of Ajman, died on 12 January and Princess Margarita of Baden died on 15 January.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
Purpose of the Announcements threads
Other related blog entries:
A Look Back at a Royal 2010
Looking Forward to a Royal 2011
A Look Back at a Royal 2011
Looking Forward to a Royal 2012
A Look Back at a Royal 2012
Looking Forward to a Royal 2013
Tagged Royal Genealogy.