Spanish Royal Family Preside Over National Sports Awards
Madrid – December 5th, 2012
The Spanish Royal Family presided over the National Sports Awards which were held at the El Pardo Palace in Madrid on December 5th. Attending the awards this year were Queen Sofia, the Prince and Princess of Asturias, and Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo. Absent this year were King Juan Carlos, who is still in recovery from his hip operation, and Infanta Pilar, who was a familiar face at previous ceremonies.
This annual Sports Award is a Spanish royal highlight and recognizes distinguished individuals in the sporting world. Awards this year went to Cristiano Ronaldo, manager of the Spanish national football team Vicente Del Bosque and the Honorary President of Real Madrid, Alfredo Di Stefano. Following the gala ceremony, the Royal Family posed with the award winners for a series of photographs.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Awards, Felipe VI, Infanta Elena, Queen Letizia, Queen Sofia, Sport.
- Spain National Awards for Sports
- Spanish Royal Family Celebrate National Day 2011
- Spanish Royal Family Celebrate National Day 2012
- Spanish Royal Family Host an Audience for National Football Team
- Royal Family Preside Over Pascua Militar Celebrations