Looking Forward to a Royal 2013
What can we look forward to, Royalty wise that is, in 2013?
First, the already announced Royal births.
2013 is a year in which several Royal couples are becoming first-time parents. Andrea Casiraghi [the oldest son of the Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess Caroline of Monaco] and his fiancée, Tatiana Santo Domingo, are expecting their first child in January 2013. The Prince and Princess of Prussia are expecting their first child in the spring of 2013. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their first child in the summer of 2013. Princess Felipa of Bavaria and Christian Dienst are expecting their first child in April 2013, Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeannette of Fürstenberg are expecting their first child and Prince Gabriel and Princess Luciana of Orléans-Bragança are expecting their first child. Prince Felix and Princess Christina of Hohenlohe-Bartenstein are expecting their first child and Princess Caroline Napoléon and Eric Querenet-Onfroy de Bréville are expecting their second child. A sibling for Elivira.
First, the already announced Royal weddings.
Andrea Casiraghi [the oldest son of the Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess Caroline of Monaco] and Tatiana Santo Domingo will marry after the birth of their child in 2013. Princess Madeleine of Sweden will marry Christopher O’Neill on 8 June.
Although a date has not been announced, it is expected that the wedding of Prince Félix of Luxembourg and Claire Lademacher will take place in 2013. Another other expected wedding, but with no date announced, Prince Léka of Albania will marry Elia Zaharia.
To finish it off, the Royal jubilees.
85th birthday of Queen Fabiola of Belgium on 11 June.
80th birthday of the Duchess of Kent on 22 February.
80th birthday of the Margrave of Baden on 3 July.
80th birthday of Emperor Akihito of Japan on 23 December.
75th birthday of King Juan Carlos of Spain on 5 January.
75th birthday of Infante Carlos of Spain, Duke of Calabria, Prince of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, on 16 January.
75th birthday of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands on 31 January.
75th birthday of the Countess of Paris on 30 April.
75th birthday of Princess Désirée of Sweden, Baroness Silfverschiöld, on 2 June.
75th birthday of Queen Sofia of Spain, Princess of Greece and Denmark, on 2 November.
70th birthday of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands on 19 January.
70th birthday of Queen Silvia of Sweden on 23 December.
50th birthday of the Duke of Castro on 24 February.
50th birthday of Prince Sergius and Princess Helene of Serbia on 12 March.
50th birthday of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg on 1 May.
50th birthday King Mohammed of Morocco on 21 August.
50th birthday Prince Laurent of Belgium on 19 October.
50th birthday Crown Princess Masako of Japan on 9 December.
45th birthday of the Prince of Asturias on 30 January.
45th birthday of the Crown Prince of Denmark on 26 May.
40th anniversary of King Carl Gustaf of Sweden on the Swedish Throne on 15 September 2013.
40th birthday of the Duchess of Brabant on 20 January.
40th birthday of the Duke of Anjou (Prince Charles-Philippe) on 3 March.
40th birthday of Crown Prince Haakon of Norway on 20 July.
40th birthday of Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway on 19 August.
40th birthday of Prince Daniel of Sweden on 15 September.
35th birthday of the Princess of Prussia on 7 March.
35th birthday of Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco on 10 May.
35th birthday of the Duchess of Anjou and Cadaval on 25 July.
30th birthday of Princess Iman bint Al Hussein of Jordan on 24 April.
25th birthday of Princess Beatrice of York on 8 August.
25th birthday of Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, on 26 August.
20th wedding anniversary of Archduke Karl and Archduchess Francesca of Austria on 31 January.
20th wedding anniversary of the Hereditary Prince and Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein on 3 July.
20th anniversary of King Albert of the Belgians on the Belgian Throne on 9 August.
18th birthday of Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein on 24 May.
18th birthday of Princess Luisa of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, on 11 October.
15th wedding anniversary of Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, on 29 May (civil) and 30 May. (Religious)
10th wedding anniversary of Prince Laurent of Belgium and Claire Coombs on 12 April.
10th wedding anniversary of Hereditary Prince Donatus of Hesse and Countess Floria of Faber-Castell on 25 April.
10th wedding anniversary of Prince Michel of Bourbon-Parma and Princess Maria Pia of Savoy in May.
10th wedding anniversary of Hereditary Prince Heinrich of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Donna Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta on 21 June.
10th wedding anniversary of Hereditary Prince Carl of Wrede and Countess Katalin Bethlen de Bethlen on 12 July.
10th wedding anniversary of Duchess Fleur of Württemberg and Count Moritz von Goëss on 9 August.
10th wedding anniversary of Hereditary Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Saskia Binder on 13 september.
10th wedding anniversary of the Prince of Venice and Piedmonte and Clotilde Courau on 25 September 25.
10th wedding anniversary of Princess Victoria of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and Markos Nomikos on 27 september.
5th wedding anniversary of Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma and Tjalling ten Cate on 3 May.
5th wedding anniversary of Peter and Autumn Phillips on 17 May.
5th wedding anniversary of Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark on 24 May.
2013 also brings us several Royal 5th birthdays. To name a few:
– 11 February: Princess Milena of Montenegro, first child of Hereditary Prince Boris and Hereditary Princess Véronique of Montenegro.
– 15 February: Archduke Emmanuel of Austria, second child and second son of Archduke Martin of Austria and his wife, née Princess Katharina of Austria.
– 12 March: Benjamin van Vollenhoven, third child and second son of Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven.
– 14 March: Prince Azlan Muzaffar of Perak, first child of the Crown Prince and Princess of Perak.
– 16 April: Princess Eléonore of Belgium, fourth child and second daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Brabant.
– 18 May: Prince Benedikt of Liechtenstein, third child and second son of Prince Constantin and Princess Marie of Liechtenstein, née Countess Kálnoky de Köröspatak.
– 29 June: Prince Prins Aristidis Stavros of Greece and Denmark, fifth child and fourth son of Crown Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece.
– 4 July 2008: Princess Rayet al Noor bint Hashim of Jordan, second child and second daughter of Prince Hashim bin Al Hussein and Princess Fahdah Hashim of Jordan.
– 3 September: Julia ten Cate, first child of Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma and Tjalling ten Cate.
– 19 November: Pieter van Vollenhoven, second child and first son of Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven.
– 24 December: Prince Jonathan of Bentheim and Steinfurt, first child of Hereditary Prince Carl Ferdinand and Hereditary Princess Elna-Margret of Bentheim and Steinfurt.
2013 also brings us several Royal 10th birthdays. To name a few:
– 27 March: Prince Moritz of Bentheim-Tecklenburg, first child of Hereditary Prince Maximilian and Hereditary Princess Marissa of Bentheim-Tecklenburg.
– 23 April: Princess Laetitia of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, fifth child and third daughter of Princess Astrid of Belgium and Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este.
– 8 May: Crown Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco, first child of King Mohammed and Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco.
– 15 May: Ana-María Morales, second child and second daughter of Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark and Carlos Morales.
– 29 April: Maud Angelica Behn, first daughter of Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn
– 20 August: Prince Gabriel of Belgium, second child and first son of the Duke and Duchess of Brabant.
– 7 December: Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, first daughter of the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands.
– 3 November: Lady Louise Windsor, first child of the Earl and Countess of Wessex.
– 29 December: Princess Vittoria of Savoy, first child of the Prince and Princess of Venice and Piedmonte.
And finally, (several of) the first Royal birthdays 2013 brings us:
– January 6: Sheikh Zayed Bin Mohammed of Dubai, first son and second child together of the Emir of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordan.
– January 24: Princess Athena of Denmark, second child together and first daughter of Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark.
– January 28: Princess Antoinette of Oreans, second child and first daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme.
– February 22: Princess Isabelle of Orléans, first child of the Duke and Duchess of Anjou and the Duke Consort and Duchess of Cadaval.
– February 23: Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland, first child of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden.
– March 29: Isla Phillips, second child and second daughter of Peter and Autumn Phillips.
– 9 May: Princess Luisa of Bourbon-Parma, first child of the Duke and Duchess of Parma.
– May 20: Sheikh Rashed Bin Saeed bin Dalmouk bin Juma Al Maktoum of Dubai, the second child and first son of Sheikh Saeed bin Dalouk bin Juma Al Maktoum and Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammd bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai.
– 6 June: Sheikh Mohammed bin Nasser and HH Sheikh Hammad bin Hamad Al Khalifa of Bahrain, second and third child and first and second son of Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa and Sheikha Sheikha bint Mohammed al Maktoum of Bahrain, Sheikha of Dubai.
– August 24: Prince August of Hesse, third child and second son of Hereditary Prince Heinrich Donatus and Hereditary Princess Floria-Franziska of Hesse, Countess of Faber-Castell.
– September 29: Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Abdullah bin Khalifa Al-Thani of Qatar, second child and first son together of the Crown Prince of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Sheiha and Al-Anoud bint Al Maha Hajir of Qatar.
– November 3: Princess Zein bint Hamzah of Jordan, first child together of Prince Hamzah bin Hussein and Princess Basmah Hamzah of Jordan.
– November 20: Prince Vincenz of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, first child of Prince Ludwig and Princess Philippa of of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, Countess Spannocchi.
– November 23: Prince Alexander of Fürstenberg, second child and second son of Prince Antonius and Princess Mathilde of Fürstenberg, Countess Borromeo.
– December 14: Princess Isabella of Savoy-Aosta, third child and first daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Apulia, Princess of Greece.
More Royal birthdays can be found in the calender at The Royal Forums.
And who knows, what other Royal events 2013 will give us.
Let us know what Royal event you liked most, by commenting on this blog entry.
Related blog entries:
A Look Back at a Royal 2010
Looking Forward to a Royal 2011
A Look Back at a Royal 2011
Looking Forward to a Royal 2012
A look back at a Royal 2012
Looking Forward to a Royal 2013
Tagged Royal Genealogy.