From the Royal Genealogy threads – December 2012
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from December 2012. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
The British Royal Court announced on 3 December that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their first child. Hereditary Count Ignatius and Hereditary Countess Robinia of Toerring-Jettenbach had their fifth child and firth daughter, Countess Maximiliana, on 7 December. A sister for Floriana, Georgiana, Elisabeth and Elena. The birth of Princess Isabella of Savoy-Aosta, first daughter and third child of Prince Aimone, Duke of Apulia, and his wife, née Princess Olga of Greece, took place on 14 December. A sister for the Prince of Piedmonte (Umberto) and the Duke of the Abruzzi (Amedeo).
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
– The Prince and Princess of Prussia, Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie, née Princess of Isenburg. (1st child)
– Princess Felipa of Bavaria and Christian Dienst. (1st child, due in April 2013)
– Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeannette of Fürstenberg. (1st child)
– Princess Caroline Napoléon and Eric Querenet-Onfroy de Bréville. (2nd child)
– Prince Gabriel and Princess Luciana of Orléans-Bragança. (1st child)
– The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. (1st child)
Royal engagements and weddings
Sheikh Dhiyab bin Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi married a daughter of the Emir of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, on 12 December. The Grand Ducal Court of Luxembourg announced the engagement of Prince Félix of Luxembourg and Claire Lademacher on 13 December. The Jordanian Royal Court announced the engagement of Princess Iman bint Al Hussein and Zaid Mirza on 20 December. Their wedding took place on 30 December. The Swedish Royal Court announced on 23 December, that the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Christopher O’Neill is to take place on 8 June. Archduke Christoph of Austria married Adélaide Drapé-Frisch on 28 December (civil wedding) and 29 December (religious wedding.)
No Royal death has been reported in December.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
Purpose of the Announcements threads
Tagged Royal Genealogy.