From the Royal Genealogy threads – November 2012
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from November 2012. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
Prince Hamzah bin Hussein and Princess Basmah Hamzah of Jordan had their first child together. Princess Zein bint Hamzah was born on 3 November and joined older half-sister, Princess Haya bint Hamzah, daughter of Prince Hamzah and of his former wife, Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan. Prince Ludwig and Princess Philippa of San-Wittgenstein-Sayn, née Countess Spannocchi, had their first child, Prince Vinzenz Alexander on 20 November, and Prince Antonius and Princess Mathilde of Fürstenberg, née Countess Borromeo, had their second child and second son, Prince Alexander, on 23 November. Prince Alexander joins older brother, Prince Karl Egon. Tatiana Santo Domingo confirmed on 6 November that she and her fiancé, Andrea Casiraghi [the oldest son of the Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess Caroline of Monaco], are expecting their first child in January 2013. The couple is planning to marry after the birth of their child. Bunte has reported that the older brother of the earlier mentioned Prince Antonius of Fürstenberg, Hereditary Prince Christian, and his wife, Hereditary Princess Jeannette of Fürstenberg, are expecting their first child. Prince Gabriel and Princess Luciana of Orléans-Bragança are also expecting their first child, while Princess Caroline Napoléon and Eric Querenet-Onfroy de Bréville are expecting their second child, a sibling for Elvire.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
- Hereditary Count Ignatius and Hereditary Countess Robinia of Toerring-Jettenbach. (5th child)
- Lady Rose and George Gilman. (2nd child)
- The Prince and Princess of Prussia, Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie, née Princess of Isenburg. (1st child)
- Princess Felipa of Bavaria and Christian Dienst. (1st child, due in April 2013)
- Hereditary Prince Christian and Hereditary Princess Jeannette of Fürstenberg. (1st child)
- Princess Caroline Napoléon and Eric Querenet-Onfroy de Bréville. (2nd child)
- Prince Gabriel and Princess Luciana of Orléans-Bragança. (1st child)
Royal engagements and weddings
The engagement between Princess Alexandra Galitzine and Thibault Lancksweert was announced on 27 November 2012. The Princess is the 3rd daughter of Prince Peter and Princess Maria Anna Galitzine, née Archduchess of Austria.
Reichsfreifrau Rose-Sophie of Guttenberg, née Princess and Duchess of Arenberg, died on 17 November.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
Purpose of the Announcements threads
Tagged Royal Genealogy.
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – August 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – October 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – July 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – September 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – March 2012