Prince Friso in State of “Minimal Consciousness”
The Dutch Government Information Service has today released a statement regarding the current state of Prince Friso.
The RVD said that Prince Friso, who has been in a coma since a skiing accident in February, has recently begun showing signs of minimal consciousness. This state is one of four states of consciousness which inhibit consciousness. In this stage, the patient may respond briefly to stimuli – ie. a smile – but are inconsistent.
No further information apart from the confirmation that it will be several more months before a definitive conclusion about the Prince’s state can be determined.
Princess Mabel did add a message of thanks to the statement, which she also Tweeted, saying, “This is the worst period of my life. My love for Friso, the support of family and friends, and the many messages of sympathy give me strength in this difficult time.”Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Health, Prince Friso.
- Prince Friso in Coma following Avalanche Last Friday
- Prince Friso Transferred to Wellington Clinic in London
- Friso & Mabel attend AmsterdamDiner
- Queen Beatrix and Prince Friso Open “New Love” Center
- Princess Mabel opens “Movies that Matter” Film Festival