Princess Margriet opens Blindness Prevention Symposium
Princess Margriet yesterday opened a symposium at the Martini Plaza in Groningen, as part of the 75th anniversary of the General Dutch Association for the Prevention of Blindness (ANVBB).
Several Dutch organisations involved in preventing blindness are attending the symposium, to bring attention to the avoidable and unnecessary sight and vision problems which can lead to blindness.
Princess Margriet opened the event as patron of VISION 2020 Netherlands, the Dutch branch of the World Health Organisation’s world-wide project to eliminate all avoidable cases of blindness by the year 2020.
Click here to read more about the event.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Patronage, Princess Margriet.
- Beatrix opens Keukenhof Flower Exhibition
- Queen Beatrix opens ’200 Years of the Prix de Rome’ Exhibition
- Princess Haya Opens World Pearl Forum
- Frederik Opens Track Cycling World Cup Final
- Princess Anne Opens Health and Riding Facilities