From the Royal Genealogy threads – September 2012
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from September 2012. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
The Crown Prince of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, and his second wife, Sheikha Al-Anoud bint Mana al-Hajri, had their second child and first son together on 29 September. Sheikh Abdullah joins older sister, Sheikha Nayla and older half-siblings, Sheikha Al-Mayassa, Sheikh Hamad and Sheikha Aisha.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
- Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan and Khaled Blair.
- Prince Antonius and Princess Mathilde of Fürstenberg, née Countess Borromeo (2nd child)
- Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein and Princess Basmah Hamzah of Jordan. (1st child together, second child for Prince Hamzah.)
- Hereditary Count Ignatius and Hereditary Countess Robinia of Toerring-Jettenbach. (5th child)
- Lady Rose and George Gilman. (2nd child)
Royal engagements and weddings
Prince Edouard of Merode married Sylvia Steisel on 1 september. That same day, Prince Wenzel of Lobkowicz, youngest son of Fürst Johannes of Lobkowicz and his wife, née Countess Johanna of Castell-Castell, married Countess Maria Katharina of Neipperg, the youngest daughter of Archduchess Andrea of Austria and the Hereditary Count of Neipperg, Count Karl. Archduke Imre of Austria, the middle son of Archduke Carl Christian and his wife, née Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg, married Kathleen Walker on 8 September.
Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah of Brunei married Pengiran Haji Muhammad Ruzaini in a glittering ceremony on 20 September 2012. In the week prior to the ceremony, there were several just as glittering parties, the bride appeared in no less then 3 tiaras. Philippe de Riquet, Prince of Caraman and Chimay, married Françoise Peter on 21 September 2012.
Princess Ragnhild, mrs. Lorentzen, sister of the current King of Norway, died on 16 September. Princess Elisabeth of Urach died on 20 September.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
Purpose of the Announcements threads
Tagged Royal Genealogy.
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – May 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – June 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – July 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – August 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – February 2012