London 2012: Silver Team Medal for Zara Phillips
The British eventing equestrian team has taken home a silver medal, following the completion of the three stages in the eventing tournament.
Zara Phillips, Tina Cook, Mary King, William Fox-Pitt and Nicola Wilson placed second behind Germany after today’s show jumping at Greenwich Park.
Unfortunately for Phillips, she incurred both a fence and time penalty during her ride, which left her with combined penalties of 53.10. Zara admitted that “[she] made the mistake, it was my fault” for the fence penalty, which occurred on the first jump.
She is the first member of the British Royal Family to win an Olympic medal. Her mother, Princess Anne, competed in the Montreal 1976 Games, where her father, Mark Phillips, won gold in eventing.
Phillips, along with Cook and King, will compete this afternoon (local time) for individual eventing medals.Filed under British Royals
Tagged Equestrian, Horses, London 2012, Olympic Games, Sport, Zara Phillips.
- London 2012: Zara Phillips Makes Olympics Debut
- Zara Phillips Picked For UK Olympic Team
- London 2012: A perfect round from Zara in cross-country
- Engagement of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall Announced
- Zara Phillips appears with some unfamiliar (and familiar) faces