Queen Sofia Presides Over Spanish Olympic Reception in London
London, England – July 26th, 2012
Her Majesty Queen Sofia of Spain presided over a reception at the Spanish Embassy in London in honour of the Spanish Olympic Team.
The Queen was accompanied by her sister-in-law, Her Royal Highness Infanta Pilar of Spain. Also present was the Spanish Ambassador to the United Kingdom, the Mayor of Madrid, the President of the Spanish Olympic Committee, and the Secretary of State for Sport.
On Friday July 27th, Queen Sofia presided over the opening of the House of Spain in the Chelsea area of London. Infanta Pilar, Duchess of Badajoz also accompanied her sister-in-law to this event. Towards the end of the ceremony, Prince Albert II of Monaco arrived.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Infanta Pilar, London 2012, Olympic Games, Queen Sofia, Sport.
- Infanta Pilar in London with the Spanish Olympic team
- Infanta Pilar attends Spanish Olympic Committee Ceremony in Madrid
- Spanish Royal Family host Audience for Olympic Team
- Infanta Sofía of Spain Celebrates her 5th Birthday
- Queen Sofia Pays Tribute to the Spanish Mass Media