King Juan Carlos Removed as Honorary President of the WWF
Madrid – July 21st, 2012
The Spanish branch of the World Wide Fund for Nature voted on Saturday to remove King Juan Carlos I as Honorary President of the WWF. This position has been held by His Majesty since its creation in Spain in 1968.
Following the bad publicity and outcry generated by the King’s ill advised elephant hunting trip to Botswana in April, the Spanish WWF charity voted overwhelmingly to remove the King from this honorary post. The end result was 94% of WWF España in favour of removing the King as Honorary President.
The Spanish Royal Court has so far not made any statements on this decision.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Juan Carlos I, Patronage, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
- King Juan Carlos meets President Obama
- King Juan Carlos to visit Russia on July 18 and 19
- King Juan Carlos undergoes Lung Surgery
- King Juan Carlos Pays an Official Visit to Lebanon
- King Juan Carlos received Family visit