Simoneta Gómez Acebo Joins Pilgrims in El Rocío
May 26th, 2012 – El Rocío Andalusia, Spain
Her Excellency Doña Simoneta Gómez Acebo attended the annual pilgrimage to the Shrine of the Virgin at of El Rocío.
For the third year in a row, the eldest niece of the King and the only daughter of Infanta Pilar, joined thousands of faithful pilgrims at the Hermitage of El Rocío in Andalusia. Wearing a straw hat and a medal of the Virgin, Doña Simoneta looked cool and relaxed despite the hot Andalusian sun.
The Shrine at El Rocío is believed to attract up to a million pilgrims each year.
The Shrine, which has royal origins, is believed to have been founded by King Alfonso X of Castile in 1270.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Culture, Religion, Simoneta Gómez-Acebo.
- Simoneta Gómez-Acebo Celebrates 43rd Birthday
- Anniversary of the Death of Luis Gómez-Acebo
- The King’s Nieces attend the Telva Awards
- A New Royal Joins Facebook
- The Serbian Royal Family Joins Forces for a Good Cause