Spanish Royals Open Madrid Book Fair
Madrid – May 25th, 2012
Their Royal Highnesses Prince Felipe, Princess Letizia and Infanta Elena presided over the official opening of the 71st Annual Madrid Book Fair.
Despite the intense heat, the royal trio all looked relaxed as they made their way around the various book booths at the Retiro Park in Madrid. Accompanying the royal party were the Spanish Education Minister and the Mayor of Madrid.
The Madrid Book Fair is a major cultural event and last year was presided over by Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo.
One of the main aims of the Madrid Book Fair is to promote books and reading among all age groups. The Fair runs from May 25th to June 10th at the Paseo Car of Madrid’s Retiro Park.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Books, Culture, Education, Felipe VI, Infanta Elena, Queen Letizia.
- Infanta Elena Opens Madrid Book Fair
- Princess Laurentien at the 2011 Beijing International Book Fair
- Belgium Crown Prince Couple visits the Book Fair
- CP allocates Dh 4million to students at book fair
- Crown Prince Moulay Hassan at the Casablanca International Book Fair