From the Royal Genealogy threads – May 2012
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from May 2012. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
The Duke and Duchess of Parma, Prince Carlos and Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma, had their first child, Princess Luisa, on 9 May 2012. Sheikh Saeed bin Dalmouk bin Juma Al Maktoum of Dubai and his wife, née Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai, one of the daughters of the Emir of Dubai, had their second child and first son, Sheikh Rashed, on 20 May 2012. Sheikh Rashed joins older sister Sheikha Hind. Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan and her husband Khaled Edward Blair are expecting their first child. Although the Jordanian Royal Court hasn’t announced her pregnancy [they only announced the pregnancies of the Queen], it became clear after the Princess and her husband attended attended the awarding of the Asian Women of Achievement Awards in London on 16 May. Prince Christian and Princess Lena of Schaumburg-Lippe are also expecting a child, as became clear from pictures from the christening of the Danish Princess Athena, daughter of Denmark’s Prince Joachim and Princess Marie. As visible at the wedding of Charles Alexander Graf von Faber-Castell and Melissa Eliyeşil, Hereditary Prince Donatus and Hereditary Princess Floria of Hesse, née Countess of Faber-Castell, are expecting their third child. They are already parents to twins Princess Paulina and Prince Moritz.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
- Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan and Khaled Blair.
- Princess Benigna Reuss and Oscar Ascoz y Planes (1st child, due in June 2012)
- Lady Davina and Gary Lewis (2nd child together, 3rd child for Gary)
- Prince Christian and Princess Lena of Schaumburg-Lippe (1st child)
- Hereditary Prince Donatus and Hereditary Princess Floria of Hesse, née Countess of Faber-Castell (3rd child)
- Prince Pawel and Princess Eloise Radziwill (4th child)
Royal engagements and weddings
Princess Felipa of Bavaria married Christian Dienst on 12 May.
Both Count Carl Johan Bernadotte of Wisborg and Fürstin Delia of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Wallerstein, née Countess of Stauffenberg died on 5 May.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
Purpose of the Announcements threads
Tagged Royal Genealogy.
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – March 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – April 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – February 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – January 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – August 2011