No Official Golden Wedding Anniversary Celebrations
The Spanish Royal Court has announced that there will be no official celebration to mark the 50th golden wedding anniversary of Their Majesties on May 14th.
The announcement has left many Spanish royal watchers surprised, but given the recent controversy surrounding the King and his ill-advised hunting trip and accident in Botswana, perhaps the King is looking to maintain a low profile. In stark contrast when Their Majesties celebrated their 25th wedding Anniversary in 1987, when they did so with members of the Royal Family and also 17 couples who were married on the same day as the King and Queen with a reception at the Palacio Real in Madrid.
Twenty five years on and Spain’s Royal Family are going through a very bad year, the King and Queen’s golden wedding anniversary could have been the focus of a much needed Spanish Royal Family celebration.
The Palace was also unable to say whether the King and Queen would be holding a private family celebration to mark the golden wedding anniversary.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Juan Carlos I, Queen Sofia, Wedding Anniversary.
- King Albert II And Queen Paola’s Golden Wedding Details
- Golden Wedding Anniversary Festivities
- Belgium’s Golden Couple – King and Queen’s 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Coins For Albert II And Queen Paola’s Golden Wedding
- 14th Wedding Anniversary of The Duke & Duchess of Palma de Mallorca