Princess Mabel Resigns from Elders CEO Position
Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau has resigned from her position as Chief Executive Officer of The Elders.
The decision was announced following a meeting of The Elders on May 7th in Norway. The Princess has decided to step down due to the current situation with her husband, Prince Friso, who is in a coma following an avalanche accident on February 17th.
Radio Netherlands reports that Princess Mabel will continue part-time as a senior advisor with the organisation. Archbishop Desmound Tutu said that the Princess’s resignation was a “great loss” for the organisation, which works to tackle peace and human rights initiatives.
Click here to read more about Princess Mabel’s work with The Elders.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Princess Mabel, The Elders.
- Princess Mabel About the Importance of Good Governance
- Princess Mabel opens “Movies that Matter” Film Festival
- Crown Princess Maxima and Princess Mabel at Good Money Gala
- Friso & Mabel attend AmsterdamDiner
- Prince Ali of Jordan plans to fill the position of FIFA Vice President