Bahraini Foreign Minister Receives Honorary Citizenship of Istanbul
During an official ceremony, Bahrain’s Foreign Minister Sheikh Khalid bin Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa received the honorary citizenship of the city of Istanbul after being nominated by the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
The Foreign Minister received the honorary citizenship of the city due to his efforts to enhance bilateral relations between Bahrain and Turkey.
During the ceremony, Sheikh Khalid thanked the Turkish Prime Minister and the Mayor of Istanbul for the honorary citizenship of the city. The Foreign Minister Sheikh Khalid is considered to be the first person in the Turkish history to be granted the honorary citizenship of the city.Filed under Bahrain Royals
Tagged Bilateral Relations, Citizenship, Prime Minister Erdogan, Sheikh Khalid bin Ahmed, Turkey, Working Visit.
- UAE Foreign Minister in Colombia for Talks
- Jordan’s King Abdullah Receives Honorary Doctorate
- Sheikh Mohammed invites Bosnian Minister of Defense to IDEX Exhibition
- Bahraini King and King Abdullah II Attend Air Show
- Bahraini King’s Brother Passes Away