Spanish Royal Family celebrate Easter in Palma de Mallorca
The Spanish Royal Family have started to arrive on the Balearic Island of Mallorca for the annual family gathering and Easter holiday.
Her Majesty The Queen arrived on the island earlier this week, and will be joined at the Palacio de Marivent by His Majesty The King and Their Royal Highnesses The Prince and Princess of Asturias and the Infantas Leonor, Sofia and Elena
The Infanta Cristina is not expected to attend the Easter holidays with the Royal Family this year but will spend Easter with her husband and family in Washington, D.C.
The highlight of the Easter holidays is the presence of the Royal Family at Easter Sunday Mass at the Cathedral of Santa Maria de Palma de Mallorca. Last year, the King was notably absent from the annual Easter Sunday Mass.
You can read more on the 2012 Easter Vacations here.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Easter, Felipe VI, Infanta Cristina, Infanta Elena, Infanta Sofía, Queen Letizia, Queen Sofia, The Princess of Asturias.
- Spanish Royal Family Celebrate National Day 2011
- 14th Wedding Anniversary of The Duke & Duchess of Palma de Mallorca
- Spanish Royal Family finishes their vacations
- The Duke of Palma de Mallorca Summoned to Testify in Court
- Spanish Royals celebrate National Day