Anniversary of the Death of Luis Gómez-Acebo
March 9th marks the anniversary of the death of Don Luis Gómez-Acebo, Viscount de la Torre who was the late husband of HRH Infanta Pilar of Spain and a brother-in-law to His Majesty The King.
Don Luis died aged 56 in Madrid on March 9th, 1991 having battled cancer for many years.
The couple married were married in May 1967 in Lisbon, Portugal and had five children together. Don Luis was deeply involved in the promotion of Spanish culture and was elected President of the Friends of the Prado Museum in February 1986. The following year he was honoured with a tribute at the Spanish Institute in New York City.
One of the Viscounts last public appearances was at the 1990 wedding of his only daughter, Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo to José Miguel Fernández Sastrón.
You can read more on Infanta Pilar here.Filed under Historical Royals, Spanish Royals
Tagged Anniversary, Biography, Death, Luis Gómez-Acebo.
- Simoneta Gómez-Acebo Celebrates 43rd Birthday
- 20th Anniversary of the Death of Fürst Franz Josef II
- 80th Anniversary of Queen Sophie’s Death
- 20th Death Anniversary of Fürstin Gina vuz Liechtenstein
- 10th Anniversary of Princess Margaret’s Death