From the Royal Genealogy threads – February 2012
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from February 2012. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
The youngest sister of Belgian Princess Mathilde, Countess Hélène d’Udekem d’Acoz, and her husband Baron Nicolas Janssen, had their first child. Baroness Cordelia Janssen was born on 11 February. The Duke and Duchess of Anjou, Prince Charles-Philippe and Princess Diana of Orléans, the Duke-Consort and Duchess of Cadaval, had their first child, Princess Isabelle on 22 February while Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duchess and Duke of Västergötland, had their first child, Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland, one day later, on 23 February.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
- Peter Phillips and his wife née Autumn Kelly (second child, due in March 2012)
- The Duke and Duchess of Parma, Prince Carlos and Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma (1st child together, second child for the Duke, due at the end of May 2012)
- Princess Benigna Reuss and Oscar Ascoz y Planes (1st child, due in June 2012)
Royal engagements and weddings
Sheikh Nahyan bin Saif bin Mohammed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi married Sheikha Fatema bint Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, daughter of the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, on 12 February.
Prince Victor-Francois, Duke of Broglie, died on 12 February. Archduke Franz Salvator of Austria died on 13 February. Princess Norodom Daravadey of Cambodia died on 16 February and Infanta Maria Adelaide of Portugal died on 24 February.
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
Older “From the Royal Genealogy threads” blog entries:
2012: 01The Royal Forums
Tagged Royal Genealogy.
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – January 2012
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – February 2011
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – December 2011
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – November 2011
- From the Royal Genealogy threads – September & October 2011