Sheikh Ahmed’s Career Comes To An End
The UAE’s only Olympic gold medallist, Sheikh Ahmed bin Hashar Al Maktoum, has given up his career after been diagnosed with a heart condition.
Sheikh Ahmed won the double-trap shooting champion at the 2004 Athens Olympic and was forced to give up on his 2012 London Olympic dream. Speaking to the Gulf Times at the ongoing Asian Shooting Championship, Sheikh Ahmed who is 48 years old said, “I had to retire due to a heart problem suddenly. Basically I have got a problem of heart enlargement, which was caused by a virus through cold. It has weakened my heart muscles and the heart performance has dropped very low. I couldn’t do any activity than walk for 1.2km. Can’t shoot consistently a lot and the doctors advised me to stay away from all competition and I was forced to retire.”Filed under UAE Royals
Tagged Sheikh Ahmed bin Hashar, Sport.
- Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed’s New Role
- Sheikh Khalifa Discusses With Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad The Topics on the GCC summit
- Sheikh Hamdan Congratulates Qatar for Successful World Cup Bid
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid wins Endurance Race in Britain
- Former US President Bill Clinton visits Sheikh Mohammed