From the Royal Genealogy threads – January 2012
This is the monthly blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from January 2012. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
The Emir of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bint Rashid Al Maktoum, and his wife, née Princess Haya of Jordan, had their second child and first son together. Sheikh Zayed was born on 7 January and joined older sister Sheikha Aljalila and (as far as we know) 21 half siblings. Princess Tatiana of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Hubertus Stephan had their first child, a boy named Carl, on 22 January. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark had their first daughter and second child together on January 24. As usual with the Danish Royal family, the name of the little Princess won’t be announced until her christening. The newborn Princess joins older brother Prince Henrik and older half-brothers Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix. The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme, Prince Jean and Princess Philomena of Orléans, had their second child and first daughter, Princess Antoinette, on 28 January 2012. She joins older brother Prince Gaston.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
– The Duke and Duchess of Anjou, Prince Charles-Philippe and Princess Diana of Orléans, the Duke-Consort and Duchess of Cadaval. (1st child, due 26 February 2012)
– Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duchess and Duke of Västergötland. (1st child, due in March 2012)
– Peter Phillips and his wife née Autumn Kelly (second child, due in March 2012)
– The Duke and Duchess of Parma, Prince Carlos and Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma (1st child together, second child for the Duke, due at the end of May 2012)
– Princess Benigna Reuss and Oscar Ascoz y Planes (1st child, due in June 2012)
Royal engagements and weddings
Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma announced her engagement to Albert Brenninkmeijer on 9 January. The engagement of Princess Marie-Sophie Lobkowicz and Freiherr Constantin von Maasburg, was announced on 11 January at the Facebook page of the Princess. The wedding will take place later this year. Prince Siaosi Tuku’aho of Tonga, eldest son of Crown Prince Tupouto’a Lavaka and Princess Nanasipau’u Tuku’aho and second in line to the throne, announced his engagement to his first cousin, the Hon Sinaitakala Fakafanua, only daughter of Princess ‘Ofeina Fakafanua and the late Fakafanua, on January 24. The Faitohi ceremony took place at the end of July 2011. Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein of Jordan married Basma Bani on 12 January. The Prince was previously married to his second cousin, Princess Noor bint Asem bin Al Nayef of Jordan, and they have a daughter, Princess Haya bint Hamzah, who was born on 18 April 2007.
Sheikha Amina bint Rashid bin Ahmed Al Mualla of Umm Al Qaiwain, sister of the Emir of Umm Al Qaiwain, Sheikh Saud bin Rashid bin Ahmed Al Mualla, died on 7 January, while Maharani Shiv Kumari of Kotah, née Princess of Bikaner, died on January 12. Sheikh Humaid Bin Mohammad Bin Saqer Al-Qasimi of Sharjah died on 20 January. Sheikh Saud Al-Nasser Al-Saud Al-Sabah of Kuwait died on 21 January. Hereditary Grand Duchess Karin of Mecklenburg-Schwerin died on 26 January 2012.
The genealogy threads:
– Royal Pregnancy Announcements 2011
– Royal Births 2011
– Royal Engagements 2011
– Royal Marriages 2011
– Royal Deaths 2011
– Noble Pregnancy Announcements 2011
– Noble Births Announcements 2011
– Noble Engagements Announcements 2011
– Noble Marriages Announcements 2011
– Noble Deaths Announcements 2011
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
Older “From the Royal Genealogy threads” blog entries:The Royal Forums
Tagged Royal Genealogy.