Jordanian Royals attend Opening of Parliament
His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan opened today the second ordinary session of the kingdom’s 16th parliament.
The ceremony started with a 21-gun salute welcoming the arrival of King Abdullah and his son, Crown Prince Hussein to the parliament building in Amman. Then His Majesty delivered his speech from the throne to the Senators (“Majlis al-Aayan”) and Chamber of Deputies (“Majlis al-Nuwaab”) in presence of his wife Queen Rania, royal family members, as well as government officials.
The King covered in his speech, which is the first after the recent constitutional amendments, issues of reform especially in light of the Arab Spring changes taking place in the region.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Crown Prince Hussein, Government, Parliament, Queen Rania.
- Jordanian Royals Attend Air Show
- Danish Royals attend Opening of Parliament 2009
- Jordanian Royals State Visit to Italy, Day 2
- King Abdullah Dissolves Parliament
- Jordanian Royals start Working Visit to the U.S.