From the Royal Genealogy threads – September & October 2011
This is a blog entry with news from the Royal genealogy threads. This time it’s a blog entry with news from the last 2 months, September & October 2011. As always, a big thank you goes out to the contributors of the Genealogy threads.
Royal births and pregnancies
Princess Xenia Galitzina and Alberto Matta Maya had their first child, a daughter named Lidia, on September 9. Prince Antionus and Princess Mathilde of Fürstenberg, née Countess Borromeo, had their first child, Prince Karl Egon, on September 22. Two Royal births occurred on September 27, Prince Friedrich and Princess Isabella of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Wallerstein, née Isabella Bonelli, had their second child and second daughter, Salome, a sister for Princess Filippa, while Prince David Bagration-Mukhransky and his wife, née Princess Anna Bagration-Gruzinsky, had their first child together, Prince Giorgi Bagration Bagrationi of Georgia, who joins 2 older halfsisters, Irina and Miriam, daughters of the Princess and her first husband, Grigoriy Malania. Prince Moulay Ismael and Lalla Anissa of Morocco, née Anissa Lehmkuhl, had their second child and first daughter on October 9. Her name is not public knowledge (yet). Peter Phillips, the son of the Princess Royal, and his wife née Autumn Kelly announced that they are expecting their second child, a sibling for Savannah.
The list of current (known) Royal pregnancies:
– Prince Shivraj Singh and Princess Gayatri Kumari of Jodhpur, née Princess of Askot (1st child)
- Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark. (2nd child together, 4th child for Prince Joachim, due in January 2012)
- The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme, Prince Jean and Princess Philomena of Orléans. (2nd child, due in January 2012)
- The Duke and Duchess of Anjou, Prince Charles-Philippe and Princess Diana of Orléans, the Duke-Consort and Duchess of Cadaval. (1st child, due in February 2012)
- Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duchess and Duke of Västergötland. (1st child, due in March 2012)
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and his junior wife née Princess Haya bint Al Hussein of Jordan
– Peter Phillips and his wife née Autumn Kelly (second child, due in March 2012)
- Prince Alfred Paolo and Princess Alice of Liechtenstein née Stori Deserti (third child, due around Christmas 2011)
Royal engagements and weddings
Princess Benigna Reuss married Oscar Ascoz y Planes on 3 September. A new Queen was crowned after King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan married Jetsun Pema on 13 October. The festivities lasted until October 15. Princess Gusti Raden Ajeng Nur Astuti Wijareni of Yogyakarta, the youngest daughter of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X, married Prince Achmad Ubaidillah on October 18. The groom was born a commoner and was given the title of Prince before the wedding.
Princess Lalla Aicha of Morocco died on September 4, while Archduke Felix of Austria died on September 6. Prince Rasso of Bavaria died on September 12 and Mohamed Mansur Ali Khan, 9th Nawab of Pataudi, died on September 22. Baroness Gertrude Grand d’Enson, born a Princess Reuss, died on 22 September and Princess Nora bint Turki bin Abdulaziz bin Turki Al Saud of Saudi Arabia also died in September. Prince André of Bourbon-Parma died on 1 October. Countess Maria Antonia von Waldburg zu Wolfegg und Waldsee, née Princess of Hohenzollern, died on 11 October. Prince Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud, Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia died on 21 October. Archduke Stephan (István) of Austria died on 24 October. Fürstin Franziska of Hohenlohe-Bartenstein, née Princess of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg, died on 30 October. The Fürstin leaves behind her husband, Fürst Ferdinand, and 5 children, Hereditary Prince Maximilian, Prince Felix, Princess Alice [who is married to Prince Christian of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, their religious wedding was postponed due to the bad health of the late Fürstin], Princess Margherita and Princess Georgine. [who is married to Count Clemens Douglas.]
The genealogy threads:
– Royal Pregnancy Announcements 2011
– Royal Births 2011
– Royal Engagements 2011
– Royal Marriages 2011
- Royal Deaths 2011
– Noble Pregnancy Announcements 2011
– Noble Births Announcements 2011
– Noble Engagements Announcements 2011
– Noble Marriages Announcements 2011
– Noble Deaths Announcements 2011
For more information about the Royal Genealogy threads, please visit the thread:
The Royal Forums
Tagged Royal Genealogy.