First Speech for Princess Elisabeth
Princess Elisabeth (9) opened, together with her parents Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde, the new children’s hospital ‘Princess Elisabeth’ in Gent on September 7.
For this first official engagement of the Princess, 10 camera crews and more then 40 journalists showed up. The little Princess received flowers from a namesake, followed by a tour around the hospital. The big moment of the day for Elisabeth was her first speech saying, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am very happy that today I can give my name to this new children’s hospital. Together with you, I hope that many children will find help here. I know they can count on your daily commitment. The children’s hospital ‘Princess Elisabeth’ now gets a special place in my heart.” This she did in impeccable Dutch.
After this there was a private visit to some of the patients, followed by a reception.
View a video of the event here.Filed under Belgian Royals
Tagged Children, Hospital, King Philippe, Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, Queen Mathilde.
- Inauguration of Princess Elisabeth Base Antarctica
- Queen Fabiola in Public Again At The Queen Elisabeth Concours
- Princess Haya continues European Tour for Children’s Hospital
- Princess Mathilde Visits Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Christmas Speech of Queen Beatrix for 2010