Bhutan’s King Sets Date for Royal Wedding
The next royal wedding will take place on October 13th, it has been announced by the Bhutanese Royal Court.
His Majesty King Jigme Khesar will marry his commoner bride, Jetsun Puma, in a traditional ceremony in Punakha, before travelling to Thimphu, where the wedding celebrations will take place at the Changlingmithang Stadium on October 15th.
In the information released earlier late last week, an official symbol was also distributed, which can be used in conjunction with the wedding celebrations, provided the appropriate approval has been granted. The symbol features the lotus, with two intertwined gold rings beneath it, symbolising “method and wisdom”.
The thread for the wedding can be found here.Filed under Bhutanese Royals
Tagged King Jigme Khesar, Queen Jetsun Pema, Wedding.
- Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie Announce Wedding Date
- William & Catherine Set the Date
- Bhutanese King Announces Engagement
- Princess Lalla Salma Voted Most Elegant Woman at Royal Wedding
- Dutch Royal Invasion of NYC for Bernardo Guillermo’s Wedding