Emperor To Visit Canada and Hawaii in the Summer
13 Feb 09. It was announced today that Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko will carry out a two-week official tour of Canada and Hawaii in July. The trip is intended to foster international cooperation and friendship.
After arriving in Ottawa on 3 July, the Emperor and Empress will begin their official tour on 6 July, covering Toronto, Victoria, and Vancouver.
On 14 July the imperial couple will fly to Hawaii, where they will visit Oaho and the large island. This trip will not include a visit to Pearl Harbor.Filed under Japanese Royals
Tagged Canada, Emperor Akihito, Empress Michiko, Official Visit, United States of America.
- Continuing on Their Course toward Reconciliation between Japan and other Nations: Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko To Visit Pearl Harbour
- Empress Michiko of Japan Receives Hillary Clinton for tea
- A True Fighter Will Never Give Up: Emperor Akihito of Japan and His Sense of Duty
- New Year’s Waka Poetry Reading Ceremony
- Imperial Couple and Commoners to Celebrate their Wedding Anniversary Together