Jordan’s King Abdullah Receives Honorary Doctorate
During a ceremony at the Royal Court in Amman, His Majesty King Abdullah II received an honorary doctorate in humanitarian sciences from Al Quds University in recognition of the King’s “courageous stand towards Jerusalem, defending the city and its sacred sites, protecting its Arab identity and fostering the steadfastness of the Jerusalemites”, according to university officials.
His Majesty received the doctorate from Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. During a speech at the ceremony, King Abdullah said that the Kingdom will continue to maintain and renovate schools, walls, houses and mosques in Jerusalem.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Humanitarian Efforts, Palestine, President Abbas.
- Honorary Doctorate for Princess Benedikte
- King Abdullah in Spain, then to attend WEF
- UAE President meets with Jordan’s King Abdullah
- Bahraini King and King Abdullah II Attend Air Show
- King Abdullah meets Maktoob Founders