Queen Noor Attends Najwa Karam’s Concert
After a three year-absence, the Jerash Festival for Culture and Arts started on July 20, 2011 in the ancient ruins of Gerasa, one of the most important and best preserved Roman cities in the Middle East.
On Thursday, July 28, 2011 between the 5000 people that attended the concert of Lebanese singer Najwa Karam at the southern amphitheatre was Queen Noor of Jordan accompanied by her friend, the Jordanian Senator Laila Sharaf, and the Jerash Festival manager Jeryes Samawi.
The Jerash Festival founded in 1981 by Her Majesty Queen Noor to promote Jordanian, Arab and international cultural and artistic interaction at one of Jordan’s most important archaeological sites, was cancelled in 2008 by the Jordanian government but this year it’s re-launching in response to protests from a number of artists and institutions.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Concert, Music, Patronage, Queen Noor.
- Queen Noor Attends Dubai International Film Festival
- Queen Noor Opens Arab Children’s Congress
- Queen Noor Attends a Refugees International Discussion
- Queen Noor Presents SOS Anniversary Award
- Queen Noor attends Common Ground Awards