Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock’s Religious Wedding
HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco married Charlene Wittstock in a religious ceremony earlier today.
The religious wedding took place in the Main Courtyard of the Prince’s Palace. 2500 people were invited to watch the ceremony on larg creens at the Palace Square. After the ceremony, the Bridal couple left the Palace and went to the Sainte Dévote church in order for the Princess to leave her bouquet. Tonight, an official dinner will be held at the Opéra terraces, which will followed by fireworks and the opening of the Ball in the Opéra.
The weddingdress of the new Princess Charlene was created by Armani. The Princess wore a beautiful, yet simple figure hugging white dress, with a veil over her hair. Princess Charlene wore a gorgeos diamond hairpiece in her hair, which was in a really nice updo.
The wedding mass was presided by the Archbishop of Monaco, Bernard Barsi, and will be celebrated by André Dupuy, the Apostolic Nuncio to the Principality of Monaco, by Alberto Maria Careggio, Bishop of Ventimiglia-San Remo, by René Giuliano, Vicar General and by the whole clergy of Monaco.
The Philharmonic Orchestra of Monaco and the Choir of the Opera of Monte-Carlo, prepared by Stefano Visconti, are placed under the direction of Lawrence Foster. Renée Fleming, soprano, Pumeza Matshikiza, soprano, Juan Diego Flórez, tenor and Andrea Bocelli, tenor, will also take part in the ceremony. The quartet of soloists for the elements of the mass composed by Mozart is made up of Lisa Larsson, soprano, Wiebke Lehmkuhl, alto, Kenneth Tarver, tenor and Alexander Vinogradov, basso. The Choir of the Cathedral of Monaco and the Little Singers of Monaco are under the direction of Pierre Debat, the Chapel Master of the Cathedral of Monaco and of the Prince’s Palace. The Grand Organ will be played by Olivier Vernet, lead organist at the Cathedral of Monaco. The Choir Organ will be played by Jean-Cyrille Gandillet.
Among the guests:
Bride and groom:
– HSH the Sovereign Prince of Monaco, Prince Albert, and Charlene Wittstock.
Father and mother of the bride
– Michael and Lynette Wittstock.
Sisters of the groom
– HRH the Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess Caroline of Monaco.
– HSH Princess Stéphanie of Monaco.
Brothers of the bride:
– Gareth Wittstock.
– Sean Wittstock.
Other members of the direct family of the groom:
– Andrea Casiraghi and his girlfriend, Tatiana Santo Domingo.
– Charlotte Casiraghi and her boyfriend, Alex Dellal.
– Pierre Casiraghi and his girlfriend, Beatrice Borromeo.
– HRH Princess Alexandra of Hanover.
– Louis Ducruet.
– Pauline Ducruet.
– Camille Grimaldi.
– Elisabeth-Anne de Massy with her children, Jean-Léonard and Mélanie-Antoinette.
Step family of the groom:
– HRH Prince Ernst-August of Hanover.
– HRH Prince Christian of Hanover
– TM King Albert and Queen Paola of the Belgians.
– TM King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia of Sweden.
– HM King Leruo Molotlegi of the Royal Bafokeng Nation.
– HM King Letsie III of Lesotho
– HIM Empress Farah Pahlavi of Iran.
– TRH Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg.
– HRH Markgrave Maximilian and HIRH Margravine Valerie of Baden, Archduchess of Austria, Princess of Hungary, Princess of Bohemia, Princess of Tuscany.
– HRH the Aga Khan, Prince Karim Aga Khan.
– TRH Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden, the Duchess and Duke of Västergötland.
– TRH the Duke and Duchess of Brabant, Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium.
– TRH Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway.
– TRH the Prince and Princess of Orange, Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands.
– TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, Count and Countess of Monpezat.
– HRH the Crown Prince of Bahrain, Prince Salman bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
– HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg.
– HSH Hereditary Prince Alois and HRH Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein, Princess of Bavaria, Duchess in Bavaria.
– TIRH Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz of Belgium, Archduchess and Archduke of Austria-Este.
– TRH Prince Laurent and Princess Claire of Belgium.
– HIRH Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and his fiancée, HSH Princess Sophie of Isenburg.
– TRH the Count and Countess of Paris, Prince Henri and Princess Micaela of Orléans.
– TRH the Duke and Duchess of Anjou, Prince Louis Alphonse and Princess María Margarita of Bourbon.
– TRH Hereditary Prince Bernhard and Hereditary Princess Stéphanie of Baden.
– TRH the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Prince Edward and Sophie, Princess Edward of the United Kingdom of Great-Britain and Northern Ireland.
– TRH Prince Michael and Marie-Christine, Princess Michael of Kent, Baroness of Reibnitz.
– TRH Prince Faisal bin Hussein and Princess Sarah of Jordan.
– HRH Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana of Thailand.
– TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark, Count and Countess of Monpezet.
– HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, the Duke of Värmland.
– HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden, the Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland.
– HIH Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia.
– HIRH Grand Duke George Mikhailovich of Russia, Prince of Prussia.
– TRH Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia
– TRH Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu of Romania.
– HSH Princess Virginia Ira of Fürstenberg.
– TRH Prince Leopold and Princess Ursela of Bavaria.
– TRH the Duke and Duchess of Bragança, Dom Duarte Pio and Dona Isabel of Portugal.
– TRH the Prince and Princess of Naples, Prince Vittorio Emanuele and Princess Marina of Savoy.
– TRH the Prince and Princess of Venice and Piedmont, Prince Emanuele Filiberto and Princess Clotilde of Savoy.
– Lalla Soukaïna Filali of Morocco.
More information about the church wedding can be found in the thread:Monaco Royals
Tagged Albert II of Monaco, Monegasques Royal Wedding 2011, Princess Charlène of Monaco.