Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Present Operational Service Medals
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge presented operational service medals to the 1st Battalion of the Irish Guards in Windsor, who finished their six-month tour of Afghanistan in April 2011, on Armed Forces Day, June 25, 2011.
Before the presenting of the medals, the Duke and Duchess met families of members of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards.
The Duke of Cambridge became the first Royal Colonel of the Irish Guards in February this year. The Queen is their Colonel-in-Chief. The regiment was formed over 100 years ago by Queen Victoria. More information about the Irish Guard can be found at their official website HERE.
More information and pictures about this event can be found at the thread:British Royals
Tagged Armed Forces Day, Military, Patronage, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge.
- Prince William Becomes Duke of Cambridge
- Official picture and itinerary for the visit of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to Canada
- Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Honor Veterans, Active Military During Armed Forces Day
- The Duchess of Vendôme and Prince Gaston visit Salon de l’Agriculture
- The Duke of Edinburgh Resumes Royal Duties in Cambridge