Pope to visit Jordan in May
Upon an invitation by His Majesty King Abdullah II, Pope Benedict XVI will start a four day visit to Jordan starting May 8. This will be the Pope’s first trip to the region as head of the Catholic Church. During the visit, King Abdullah will discuss the relations between the Kingdom and the Vatican as well as issues related to promoting inter-faith dialogue and Muslim-Christian coexistence.
The visit will be the third to Jordan by a sitting pope. Previoues visits took place in 1964 by Pope Paul VI and Pope John Paul II in 2000.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Official Visit, Pope Benedict XVI, Religion.
- King Abdullah of Jordan in Saudi Arabia
- Kuwait and Jordan Hold Talks on Arab Development Summit
- Official Two-Day Visit by Lebanese President to the UAE
- King Abdullah in Bahrain for talks
- Janadriya Festival Opens Doors