Mixed Reports About Jordan’s King Being Attacked
A few days ago, reports surfaced the net that King Abdullah II of Jordan was left unharmed after a young group of men attacked his motorcade with stones and empty bottles during his visit to the southern city of Tafileh. Other reports said that the King had a very warm welcoming to the town.
Government spokesman Taher Edwan called the reports “totally baseless” after reports were online. “There was no attack whatsoever with empty bottles and stones,” he said. “What happened is that a group of young Jordanians thronged the monarch’s motorcade to shake hands with him.” He said when police “pushed them away, there was a lot of shoving.”
King Abdullah’s visit to the town was to check on infrastructure projects and met with locals.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Abdullah II, Media, Security.
- Jordan’s King to visit Slovakia on Tuesday
- Jordan’s King tours Europe & US
- Tongan King’s Foreign Trip after Ferry Tragedy
- Bahraini King and King Abdullah II Attend Air Show
- Jordan’s King: Undercover Visit to a Patients’ Affairs Department