Pieter van Vollenhoven Attends Plane Crash Memorial
Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven, brother-in-law of queen Beatrix, attended the memorial service that was organized in a hangar in Schiphol-East for the victims of the plane crash with a plane of Turkish Airways, ten days ago. During this crash nine people lost their lives and 80 people got injured.
Apart from Pieter van Vollenhoven the mayor of Haarlemmermeer, the Dutch ministers of Internal Affairs and Justice, the Turkish ambassador and his wife and 600 victims of the crash and their relatives attended the service. The queen was represented by an advisor.
Read an article about the memorial in Dutch here, at the website of NRC Handelsblad.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Memorial, Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven.
- Pieter van Vollenhoven: Meter Caused Plane Crash
- Pieter van Vollenhoven attends Book Presentation
- Queen Beatrix sends Condolences to Aircrash Victims
- Princess Anne Attends Memorial for Australian Bushfire Dead
- Serbian Crown Prince Attends Unveiling of Memorial Plaque