Bhutanese King Announces Engagement
The King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, announced his engagement to Jetsun Pema on Friday, May 20th during a speech which was broadcast live to his nation of just under 700,000 citizens.
“As king, it is now time for me to marry,” King Jigme Khesar said in the press release, also announcing the wedding will take place in October this year. He described his fiancée as “a kind hearted girl…whom I can trust”, and who he believes will make a “great servant to the nation.”
Later on during the day, a royal official said that the King had asked the government not to make any big plans for the wedding celebrations, that it was hoped the wedding could be “intimate and personal.”
To read more about the Kingdom of Bhutan, please visit TRF here.Filed under Bhutanese Royals
Tagged Engagement, King Jigme Khesar, Queen Jetsun Pema.
- Palace Announces Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock’s Engagement
- King’s Nephew Reveals Engagement
- Rumors of a Royal Engagement in Sweden
- Crown Princess Victoria, Fiance, Parents, Speak to Sweden Regarding Engagement
- Nikolaos & Tatiana’s Engagement Press Conference